Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Here I Am!

Hello internet, 

As someone who spends waaayyy too much time here, I decided I should become a permanent resident and make my own blog, so here it is! Ta-da! *does a tap dance*

I'm not quite sure what I'll post here each day (or week …that seems more likely). 

I'll start with the basics. My name is Kayla and I'm 24 years old. I have 2 cats, a husband, and a job. Did I mention I have 2 cats? ;)

Currently, I am between jobs- enjoying a 1 week vacation in between and spending that time getting out all of my creative energy. With Christmas coming up and all of this extra time on my hands, I decided to go the DIY route for gifts this year. Pinterest was my best friend, but sometimes those crafts look a lot easier than they end up being. 

I'm proud to say I had my first Pinterest craft success! 

I made DIY bird nest necklaces- inspired by Sarah Ortega. You can read her post here: 

At first I decided to make just 5 necklaces for all the ladies in my family. I LOVED making them and they turned out surprisingly cute, so I decided to make 5 more :) 

I added a bird for this necklace

Here they are! 

I went to Hobby Lobby and purchased the following: 

20g & 22g wire (silver)
Needle-nose pliers
3 variations of glass beads 
10 chains
set of jump clasps (20 in a pack)

Thanks to a 50% off metal jewelry sale, this ended up costing me about $15 - the most expensive thing being the needle-nose pliers.

What DIY gifts are you making this year? I'd love more ideas! 

Thanks for reading & Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays :)

No comments:

Post a Comment